sv_cheats defaults to 1 ?!! wtf?!!

12 replies [Last post]
^t
smasherchif's picture
Hello, all!

I'm setting up E+ 1.03 TDM server and got the following problem (plz, see attached files): when i try to use config with map rotation file, i get server's cvar 'sv_cheats' set to 1! In my config I set it to 0 (when i connect my server it says that 'cheats are anabled', and when i type sv_cheats in server's console i got the response: "sv_cheats" is:"1" default:"1"). I got the same problem with 'sv_pure': when server is running, sv_pure is 0, but I set it to 1 in my config. I can't understand, what i'm doing wrong. I tried to put the strings "sv_cheats 0" and "sv_pure 1" to end of server config (just before starting map rotation), but it doesn't make any difference - I still get wrong values when server is running.
Well, sv_pure can be changed while the server is running (it's not a problem, just inconvenient), but sv_cheats can't.
And rotation can be set up using vstr (by setting 'nextmap' var) - in that case i got sv_cheats 0 (great!), and sv_pure is 0, too (awww).

Can anybody tell me what's going on and what i'm doing wrong? Rolling on the floor
I hope someone will help.

Regards.

Login or register to view attached files

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.

outofhere!
hook's picture

u need to set ::: seta sv_pure 1 in the rotation file then it works....

make seta in cfg and not set... it will work Big grin

Fragmovies and more Arrow Click ME!

AsphyxEvents Website Arrow Click ME!

mow Q [EN]

sv_pure 1 into startline, works, too.

outofhere!
hook's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

sv_pure 1 into startline, works, too.

yes the klugscheisser Big grin say it.... its right !!! works too!!!

^t
smasherchif's picture

Well, thanx for answering, but sorry, guys, this doesn't work - values of cvars are not changed. Furthermore, after each server's run sv_cheats cvar in ExcessivePlus\q3config.cfg is set to 1 (and sv_pure is set to Innocent! Where the heck do this values come from?! And yes, guys, I've already set sv_pure 1 in command line (and sv_cheats 0, too), I just forgot to mention it, sorry. And I also made sure that none of my config files contain lines with "wrong" values for sv_cheats and sv_pure cvars.
I'll repeat, just in case Happy , that this problem only occurrs if rotation.txt is used (E+ feature), but if I loop maps using vstr inside exec'ed server config file (without E+ features, just with means of q3), that works great, and I get all my cvars with "right" values set by me.

PS. I don't get it, how do I use seta in rotation.txt? Another syntax of assigning value to a cvar is used there: cvar_name: value. So, I placed there two lines (in the beginning of file, before the first map is specified):
sv_pure: 1
sv_cheats: 0
but this didn't work, as I already mentioned Sad

Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :

3M'darkangel wrote:
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.

mow Q [EN]

Try following:
Turn server off, than delete q3config, than turn server on again. U dont use any set/seta in rotation.txt, but in server.cfg u should use seta.

I am too long away of setting up servers actually, that i could help u more, u may get in touch with camel.

outofhere!
hook's picture

that invi say it i want write the same.....

u need to delete the q3 config on in ftp in server off modus....

when u changed the server cfg and the old stuff is in q3config u have always that problem . because the server look first time in the backup q3config cfg. to set it on.. ....so server off delete the q3config folder or paste there your server . cfg in and it will work ... Big grin

outofhere!
hook's picture
mow Q [EN] wrote:

Try following:
Turn server off, than delete q3config, than turn server on again. U dont use any set/seta in rotation.txt, but in server.cfg u should use seta.

I am too long away of setting up servers actually, that i could help u more, u may get in touch with camel.

server restart bang all is fine Shock

^t
smasherchif's picture

I stopped server, deleted q3config.cfg, then started server again, but the problem persists (I still have sv_cheats 1 and sv_pure Innocent.
I remind Happy that if I don't use rotation.txt, this problem is NOT present - all cvars have the values I have set before, REGARDLESS of whether q3config.cfg deleted or not.
Anyway, thanx for answernig again Cool

Still waiting for resolution to come.

3M'darkangel wrote:
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:

cml
Forum moderator Rank moderator LIVING LEGEND
camel-xp's picture
sv_cheats defaults to 1 ?!! wtf?!!

Check

fs_homepath

or set it to your dir with q3config.cfg, crontab, rotation etc.

^t
smasherchif's picture

I've checked fs_homepath - it points to directory where q3 is installed to:
d:\quake III arena

well, i guess i should use another words Rolling on the floor

ok. i got two configs of e+ tdm server. the only difference beetween them is that one of them uses rotation.txt for map rotation, and another doesn't use rotation.txt for map rotation - instead it uses looping maps with vstr macros. this is *the only* difference, the rest contents of configs is the same. that is, both configs contain commands sv_cheats 0 and sv_pure 1 (and other stuff, see attached file, plz), but one has this as effective setting, and another don't.

so, when i use the one with reference to rotation.txt, i got sv_cheats 1 (by default - server says) and sv_pure is 0. when i use almost the same conf, but without reference to rotation.txt, then all works fine. and setting these cvars in command line doesn't affect anything - server still has sv_cheats 1 and sv_pure 0. deleting q3config.cfg doesn't affect anything either.

any ideas?

3M'darkangel wrote:
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote: