sv_cheats defaults to 1 ?!! wtf?!!

12 replies [Last post]
^t
smasherchif's picture

Guys, i forgot to mention another problem occuring when using rotation.txt: when i start my dedicated server via command line, it connects me as player o_O (with my nick set in q3config.cfg, etc). this player hangs on server with ping 999 until he's dropped upon timeout. omg, wtf, etc Happy
there's a message in server's console: 0 \ip\localhost\ blah-blah-blah

could this be the reason of setting sv_cheats to 1 by default?

i don't get, what's going on Shock

cmdline is:
quake3.exe +set fs_game excessiveplus +set vm_game 0 +dedicated 1 +set net_port 27960 +exec svr.cfg

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.

^t
smasherchif's picture

I have just found out the reason of such behaviour. There should be 'wait' command before starting the rotation:

[code:1]
// map rotation (see rotation.txt)
set xp_rotation "rotation.txt"
// this is needed to start the rotation
// test_bigbox is good because it tiny
wait // <---- we should place it here
map test_bigbox
[/code:1]

the absence of this command causes sv_cheats to be set to 1 (dunno why, but it does, that's for sure and regardless of q3config.cfg contents) and also it causes some kinda 'virtual' player (just don't know how i should call it) to be joined right after server's start o_O, who is dropped later upon timeout. i guess this is because without 'wait' command all's happened too fast and map test_bigbox is executed locally (just before dedicated server is created), as if 'map' command was executed in single player game. smth like that.

in my another config i used wait command and all worked fine, but the server.cfg sample bundled with e+ doesn't contain that command, so i didn't pay attention to it and didn't placed it before 'map test_bigbox' in modified cfg that used rotation.txt :oops: . sorry, guys)))

the problem is solved Cool . and thanx again to anyone who posted here Happy

.aNk/xXxp4l/:bR.Shady'XYN! wrote:
Fuck! I just thought of the most awesome pun about the BC vs Smurfs final game and the flames that followed :
"In Soviet Moldavia, Pole rages YOU"
like 2 months after Call me

3M'darkangel wrote:
// 09:30:49 27.06.2010, UNKNOWN LOCATION,
Name { "Biotoxin" }
IP { "localhost" }

SHUDDER wrote:
People are training hard to hide their autoshoot so well while gain enough skills to win (or at least compete on similar level) without them. This is getting insane or provoked. I feel like I would cut myself with Ockham's Razor if I claim a cheat there.