Game freezing

4 replies [Last post]
all!son[eKitten]
Allison's picture
Hi,

I didn't search for solution to this problem because I'm too lazy. :roll:

My Quake freezes after the first game. Right when the first game is finished, the game gets stuck and it starts to play some sound of the game like a broken record. I cannot write to console or do much of anything when this happens. This freezing takes usually 30 seconds to 1 minute or even more. Then it stops and I can play again. It's irritating especially when it takes 1 minute or more because then the next game has started already and many times the leading player has 8-10 frags when I get to start playing.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the saving of the screenshot. When the game gets stuck, the green light of my computer memory (or is it harddrive?) is flashing like if it was doing something which takes lots of resourses.

After the first game (and first freezing) there isn't any problem with the game. It doesn't do it again after that.

I've had this problem for a long time - propably over a year or so.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you for help.

- Allison

Warren G
FELiX's picture

I think its prob with jpgscreenshot in end game. I have similar prob but it freeze in 10-15 sek. Its two solution: off take screen on end game or change it to tga format, but tga files are big (900 KB in 640x480 to 2.2 mb in 1024x768) To change it: /seta xp_onexit "screenshot" - tga screenshot or /seta xp_onexit "" - for off it

all!son[eKitten]
Allison's picture

Ok. Thanks a lot. I try to change the settings later on.

ALEX.K

thnx flex, i had this prob to, but after the game finishes and time to show scores...lol, really anoying..

-C4-TYRANTuk.tyrant

i used to have this problem every time, but since i disabled xp_onexit and xp_novoicechat then i dont get this glitch at all Happy

~tyrant!~ZoO.ConcreteDonkey