New Xplus and MrPants

7 replies [Last post]
TargeT
Hi I have recently uploaded the new Xplus to my server and am running the MrPants Excessive3 cfg.
The main problem I am having is that when I turn unlagged on, when the map changes the unlagged is turned off again. I am guessing that it does this because it is re-execing the MrPants config with each mapchange and the default unlagged setting in it is "0"
How can I edit my excessive3 cfg to make the xp_unlagged 1 stay?

Thanks in advance!
-TargeT

edy+
Site administrator
edy's picture

you cant make an change in the excessive3 cfg its the orginal settings so after map rotation it set unlagged back too 0 for what you can do are rename the cfg and set unlagged: 1 for exsample rename to excessive003
befor copy the excessive3.cfg too an other folder and change it and put it back so excessive3.cfg stay in the conf folder i have change excessive4 too excessive004 now i have 2 excessive4 in it one whit rockets other whitout rockets

[R|A]Headhunter

Can we get this fixed im not switching my NorthernFraggers server to this until i can run xp_unlagged 1. This is not right the command has to be somewhere else if this is the case. I hear it is better this time and am looking forward to this. Switching or renaming is not the point it should be right.

VEGITO

YEAH LETS GET THIS UNLAGGED PROBLEM FIXED THE RIGHT WAY AND FOR GOOD Laughing

easy
Developer
easy's picture

Like described in the manual some configurations are pure (static) and cannot be altered. This was made to ensure the settings and compatibility between servers.
You know if you make the 'excessive3.cfg' unlagged it's no longer Mr. Pants' Excessive v003 compatible.

Solution: Copy/rename the 'excessive3.cfg' to 'excessive3-unlagged.cfg' (or 'excessive5.cfg', 'yourname.cfg', whatever you prefer) and change the settings there.

Suggested changes are:
Unlagged: 1
Default Weapon: 0 // spawn with the last used weapon
Start Powerups: 0 // no quad on connect
Switch Time: -1 // instant weapon change

Pure Imaginary
Pure Imaginary's picture

Put another way...

Ultimately the "problem" is that Mr. Pant's v.003 is unlagged disabled, so changing the settings means that they will not persist after the map change; after all, making 003 unlagged means that you are no longer playing 003. As suggested, simply take the existing 003 config, make the changes you want, give it a new special name (such as 003unlag.cfg), and have your server use that custom config by default.

Or you can just /callvote magnum.cfg and fix the other 174 problems with Excessive for free. Happy

[R|A]Headhunter

LOL Thanks Pure yes ill try it out bro. LMAO Shock

edy+
Site administrator
edy's picture

yep let whe sort it out the 174 problems so whe have an the end 274 problems i am still bussy to make problems Big grin