Excessive Plus v1.04-beta3

245 replies [Last post]
easy
Developer
easy's picture
Here we go.

There have been a long period without new releases and I hope you will find some of the new features useful. At the moment there is no documentation, so you'll have to discover it by yourself..

We have reduced our 3 week beta test phase to 1 intense day so you do not have to wait any longer. I hope there are not too many ugly bugs because of that.

If you have any questions to specific features, please feel free to ask here and we will try to help.

UPDATE:

Be sure to rename/remove your old "conf" directory and replace with the new one.

Just a few notes

Server is now .dll/.so based, you need to start it like

./q3ded +set vm_game 0 +set fs_game excessiveplus ...
quake3.exe +set vm_game 0 +set fs_game excessiveplus ...

At the moment it is not possible to alter items by config. It still needs some work so I disabled the whole option in this release.

The configuration syntax did change slightly and some of the old values have a different meaning.
Converting your configs will take some time.. a simple replace of all ":" through "=" will not do the job.

Please refer to conf/default.cfg for all available attributes and conf/sample.cfg for the new syntax.

People told me that many use the ingame browser, so I've modernized it a bit.
Further I was asked how some servers modify existing maps. Luckily this is possible in 1.04, have a look at maps/readme.txt. We have some talented mappers in here, I'm sure they can help you out on this.

Happy exploring

Download

xp-1.04-beta3.zip

[MR.]MIRCWAR
tyfon's picture

Well I'll be damned

Happy

!@#$%&*( terror )_
terror's picture

Big grin u made my day easy

*ZMB*SKINNIS*
skinnis's picture

Nice one! Thank you!

madbringer wrote:

How 'bout you 'bicker' off back to your sandbox, someone is pissing in your little plastic bucket.

Anonymous

hmm im wondering who care Chatterbox im wondering how much ppls will stay here Happy

no offence ofc

fala'fag
dancing shadow's picture

omg the code looks, omg :]

censorship on YouTube sucks rabbit balls

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

Trickz, be more positive, I'm sure many will return, or at least, we will have some improvement, also we can all advertise e+ Big grin

Nice job

psychoz
Psychoz's picture

great Big grin

Laktos
Trollet's picture

Alright, thx for release Happy Ingame browser fix is much appreciated Happy

Had some trouble with grafics that changed after loading 1.04b3 and connecting to server though => weapons have "black boxes"
Changing Xp_nomip helped a bit.

http://mr-clan.net/104/grafics1.jpg
Changed xp_nomip to 0 =>
http://mr-clan.net/104/grafics2.jpg

I also noticed console had weird colors with 1.04b3 loaded, hard to see at the corners.

Can't see any extra pk3 that's been downloaded, and the changes in console isnt present when 1.04b3 isnt loaded.

Other than that, It felt nice Happy

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

Anonymous
*ZMB*SEEBZ* wrote:

Trickz, be more positive, I'm sure many will return, or at least, we will have some improvement, also we can all advertise e+ Big grin

Nice job

heh, i am positive Happy but i think its kinda too late for smth like this, but ofc good work... Ill stay here for sure and i hope that the others will do the same.

edy+
Site administrator
edy's picture

put pak0.pk3 till 4 back in excessiveplus folder