-: Excessive Dawn Weapon Config :-

190 replies [Last post]
x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture
What is it?

• This config is intended as a replacement for plus.cfg on servers, and on clan wars.

Yes, plus is deep in our hearts, but unfortunately, it is seriously outdated. In the meanwhile many things were discovered concerning configs, and we had years to see what works and doesn't work in it.
This is my vision of the new config, which keeps the spirit of the old, but tweaks many aspects to bring a more enjoyable, strategic and interesting element to public and clan war game play.

How does it intend to do that?

• The config tweaks the ammo regeneration cycles, some game play elements (destroyable missiles, teleport missiles, etc.), and some weapon strengths in order to bring an environment with less spam and more skill.

I suggested a lot of these changes to the plus team over the months, and i believe some were intended for the next plus release (now cancelled Sad ), at least according to some posts by mow.

What is planned?

• Among other features still to be implemented are:
    • slightly different settings for public and clan wars. Public would see more relaxed camp protections etc, while clan wars would see tighter game play, and a less forgiving environment.
    • A lot of tweaks depending on desires of the players. Remember, this is still not the finished "perfect" config. I am perfectly aware that testing a config with a few friends is not the same as the config being tested by hundreds of players and clans.

What should be done to make this work?

• Clans are encouraged to try the cfg in a few FWs or trainings. Then post your ideas and likes / dislikes. After a month or so of testing, i will start a general vote to see if clan leaders want this to be the official ranking config.

Feel free to post opinions in this thread. Config is attached, feel free to read through it, many changes have been commented.

[/][/][/][/][/]
Login or register to view attached files

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

40 views, 12 downloads, 0 comments.

<3 you e+

I am proud of spreading a pirated Excessive Plus version and claim to be the original author, yay!

*ZMB*SEEBZ*
Seebz's picture

they have to test it first:D Zmb will test it next week, and You get our opinion Happy

StIFleR
eklz's picture

F1 No more spam Big grin

Laktos
Trollet's picture

First impression: I want more ammo Laughing, if you're swarmed with enemys it runs out way to quick, I can't shoot them all nor can I run away with bfg.

I do like lg splashdamage removal and I think it can be a good cfg. Going to test it in a fw soon, but in the current state I woudnt trade it for plus cfg. Cheers /L.

Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär.
A cloud pooped out a rainbow turd.

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

click to shoot, dont hold the mouse.

if you hold the mouse, ammo doesnt regenerate, if you click to shoot, it does (even if the weapon is not selected).

so you can shoot infinitly, as long as you dont spam.

StIFleR
eklz's picture

Limided BFG's would be nice Happy for example 10 shots per round

x.foksie'loy.drt?
foksie's picture

it is fairly limited as is. you get 2 shots in a row, then have to wait 4 seconds to get both shots back, or 1 second to get 1 shot back.

Memphis.

this sounds good foks, i completly agree with a conf update, would be nice to start uploading it to some servers and ppl could go there to play it and test.

-C4-ASURAN
Asuran's picture

Interesting ideas.. we will try it asap.

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

it would be nice if people didnt create their own private buttseks configs and helped each other to create a community authored cfg.

http://forums.excessiveplus.net/viewtopic.php?t=23838

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin