Freefly mode in clan wars

50 replies [Last post]
[MRS.]MONA
Mona's picture
2!S*LEUKOTHEA! wrote:

Someone is having a problem again with me helping my clan.. thats whats the "tainted" problem all about..

It is a strange rule, that someone can sit in spec and tell where the other team are.. so I guess when all teams start to do that it will be a bigger problem.

mow Q [EN]

for some people teamsspeak and ventrilo is still a foreign thing.

this is usual business, in any online game.

finally there is no difference to tell team (when team locked), some tacticts.

I personally would have just a problem, if smo is helping, who is not in the clan.

and finally mona, many clans use already teamspeak/ventrilo/locked-team-chat

madbringer
Madbringer's picture

Why is that strange, exactly? Is it against ANY sort of rules? Is it immoral? I don't see any problem with this as long as the person is a member of the clan.

Btw, you seriously think Ina is the first person doing it? You people have a really lol brainwave sometimes.

kek

90% of the clans here do that Mona and it's NOT against any rules. So why even bring it up? Teams are locked, you can't see where the enemy is (unless the magic bug occurs now and then) and you can very well spec your team and/or give live tactical advice.

EVOL.WAX
Forum moderator
WAX's picture

Never seen any chat like that come up in the team_chat channel before, never seen it on any demos, though no doubt as with all things everyone will now do it. it just don't fell right to me. maybe my sense of fair play is outa wack.

But I don’t want to flame this up an its all getting a lil off topic anyway. So for me ill leave it as no given rule was broken.

@ trance moving round in freefly you can see where the other team is. otherwise what would be the problem ?

[MRS.]MONA
Mona's picture
Freefly mode in clan wars
mow Q [EN] wrote:

for some people teamsspeak and ventrilo is still a foreign thing.

this is usual business, in any online game.

finally there is no difference to tell team (when team locked), some tacticts.

I personally would have just a problem, if smo is helping, who is not in the clan.

and finally mona, many clans use already teamspeak/ventrilo/locked-team-chat

I dont se it as tactic when someone say "they are in Rocket stay in guard.care in twisty, gueardpost is lost"is more to fly around and tell where other team are.

@Madbringer Yes me and some more people maybe have a brainwave smetimes .
But I think it is a strange rule..I hope that is not against any rule to think so ?!

@Trance ...a bug ? Is a 'taunt' bind as shady said to switches between spec modes

madbringer
Madbringer's picture
EVOL.WAX wrote:

Never seen any chat like that come up in the team_chat channel before, never seen it on any demos, though no doubt as with all things everyone will now do it. it just don't fell right to me. maybe my sense of fair play is outa wack.

No one can force you to like it, just as no one can force anyone to like spam and camping, but, anything goes within the rules.

How would you regulate that, anyway? You can't control what people say on vent or ts, for example.

EVOL.WAX
Forum moderator
WAX's picture
madbringer wrote:

EVOL.WAX wrote:

No one can force you to like it, just as no one can force anyone to like spam and camping, but, anything goes within the rules.

How would you regulate that, anyway? You can't control what people say on vent or ts, for example.

life is full of unlikeed things for sure, all i'm doing is highlighting an opinion and that is if feels wrong.....i was happy to leave it at "tainted" + ask about the ruling at the league forum, but it was kinda reawakened.

its too hard to have this chat with so many hats on with all people i respect and like.

for me agree to disagree is the way forward unless its outlawed. Happy

kek

About the freefly thing. It is a bug in my eyes as it only occurs quite rarely. Usually you are "stuck" on your team's pov.

I dunno anything about a taunt bind that would allow you to go in freefly as you wish. (In that case I agree a new rule should be made and disallow spectators, unless BOTH teams agree before the game to have spectators on). More details on this? And those "they are here and there" messages on team chat could have been the result of the opponent camping those areas and making it obvious where they are?

EVOL.WAX
Forum moderator
WAX's picture

@trance hmm bug ? ok but with out the "taunt" bind i was able to do it by just changing camera view. though i have to say i don't know how you can free fly and give opponent positions and effectively manage your team ( who needs to change with whom etc).

edit: man its hard to leave a thread you have feelings about, note to self, never say "ill leave it at that!" or "ill never post again on this subject" Happy

mow Q [EN]

dissallow spectators (no m8 on bench, no coach), dissallow ts and vent (no voicechat anymore), dissallow onlingaming (funny, not?) and interacting (play singleplayer games pls.).

If u people, dont lock teams, ur problem, basta, if u dont lock teams, u cant teamchat from spec to gamers. easy as that.

bascially, spec watcher is just a lil bonus. not hard to make areabinds like:

/bind 1 sayteam enemy at red armor
/bind 2 sayteam enemy at yellow arm/jumpad
/bind 3 .... etc

such bind can be made for each map since u need just to exec "dm11.cfg" or "dm7.cfg" or whatever. So just through moving u c where enemy is.

This all without much work, and easy to use without any unconcentration to the game.

€:/ i will call now the FIFA and order them to dissallow the coaches on bench, since they give out tactics and infos from there. Shit happens Sir Alex Ferguson (ManU as example)