[ m i c e r a n k i n g ] hq's opinion - © KO archives

76 replies [Last post]
ghost
all mices should work on usb rate 500Hz

1. Logitech MX510
2. Razer Deathaddr (biger fets, surface fix, additional pfofile for finger tweak)
3. Logitech MX500
4. Microsoft IE 3.0 (negative accel)
5. Logitech MX310 (realy unconfortable)
6. Logitech MX518 (wierd fell of sensitivity)
7. Logitech G5 (traction los)
8. Razer Deathaddr (tractionl los)
9. Razer Diamondback (wierd fell of sensitivity)
10. Razer Copperhead (traction los)
11. Razer Bomslang 'series' (its not a mice, best pad for it is wall under yors bed)

torzelan.com
TorZelan's picture

Sad to hear the Deathadder is not working out for you but some of the reasons surprise me and really you are either being very unlucky getting broken mice or having some other problem (other computer issue/bad surface/whatever) because I would go as far as to state it as a fact (after tests, technical data, peoples' comments and most importantly my own real experience) that "traction loss" with both Diamondback and Deathadder is near enough impossible even in extreme-but-still-human gaming conditions... So if both of them lost track then either they were both broken (doesn't sound too likely but hey...) or something else really is the problem.

I've never seen anyone else state traction problems with the DA, don't have it myself, and the tests of the actual sensor show that it is simply the mouse least likely to have that particular problem. So if you DO have it, then it's not a problem with the Deathadder, it's a problem with YOUR Deathadder.

Just wanted to clear that out, I'm not on a crusade to get people to buy this shit or anything if they don't really need an upgrade, I just saw the DA and DB listed as mice plagued with traction loss and that's simply completely incorrect in any normal circumstance. I know the topic title is "hq's opinion" but adding "traction loss" after a mouse name is no such thing, it is an experience that (unintentionally I'm sure) came out sounding like it was a fact for all mice of the particular kind.

We agree on many other things though, maybe it would be good to post the two long PM's we sent to eachother so anyone who's bored can read x)

-edit-
OMFG I just saw the images you uploaded in the other thread, WTF! Your mouse looks like you've had it a year at least already :SSSSS That's some fucked up shit, what are you doing to it Big grin

ghost

pictures are brighter than normal, couse im wanted show lot of details, also mine hands sweating much so it might look bit dirty

diamondback were not losing traction, but it has the same wierd feel as it mx518 has (they do have the same sensor) its copperhead with laser sensor was losing traction

about the deathadder, well it does lost traction but not often, i do have somwhere demo of Logitech G5 ilustrating how it works on full of sweat qck+ pad. backing to deathadder traction lost hapens only in movement when u drag mouse and get it up on same time couse im reached end of pad, eg. grenade movement, fight with enemy close to me.

most ppl cant make mx500 lost traction, well i did that, and also fixed that problem by lowering down mouse surface, when sensor was bit closer to pad im canot make it lose traction

layter will add mx500 fix* picture, couse im dosent have it in this town

im not one of these ppl wich will take timeout and go wash mouse pad couse mouse cant work normal, on end of that demos u see mine tries of making 360* turns Happy sensitivity on wich im played at these days was around 60cm per 360 degres, and u still think G5 is worth of buy?

torzelan.com
TorZelan's picture

Well yeah, most mice are "possible" to make lose traction, I CAN make it with the mx, db etc and although I haven't tried that violently, probably the da too... But even on our low sensitivities and rather quick mouse movements it shouldn't happen in-game, and it simply doesn't for me and most other (all?) people.

And yeah I figured you had really bright photos since I don't know any da's that aren't pitch black Big grin It's just the area around your side buttons that look like you've used it a million times xD

-edit-
Ah you wrote more...
Well to answer the question, I never tried the G5 and never will because I've heard almost nothing but bad things about it from good players who know anything xD

SiNSiN|Dak-A-riN+
r3n's picture

what about a4tech x7 series? I have one, and its very good.

SiN - team of extraordinary individuals.

Those worthless creatures surround me...

ghost
SiNSiN|Dak-A-riN+ wrote:

what about a4tech x7 series? I have one, and its very good.

never tried a4tech mouses so im cant write about them

@btw torz. im talk about circumstences "normal gameplay" not "posibilites of make them sufer" ']

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture

there is opinion of es reality. there you can see that diamondback is better than copperhead http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=22

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

ghost
CZE|BEAZT wrote:

there is opinion of es reality. there you can see that diamondback is better than copperhead http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=22

and they are prety right, im put these mouses close to eachother, havent thinked about traction los as that much but i change positios of them due of that, diamondback atleast dosent lose traction but the wierd fell of sensitivity in mine eyes make these mices on even position [last mouses ever u would use]

if u would ask me why g5 is so high in rank, the answer is, couse shape is way more confortable than eny razer ofers, im dint placed mouse only basing the rank on sensor work, if i would do that g5 and copperhead would land at last places

CZE|BEAZT
beazt's picture

isnt your test much subjective? I meand difference logitech vs razer. Youre propably accustomed to logitech mouse ergonomy so you dont feel much sensitivity with razer mouse in your hand. My experience is reversed. Iam accustomed to razer mouse shape. So i dont feel enought sensitivity with logitechs. Logitechs has bigger weight and height and you have to touch mouse how is designed and its not ideal for me

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (water cooled) | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gigabyte Radeon Rx 6800XT | Creative Audigy RX | 500GB SSD (macOS 13) + 1TB SSD (W11P) + 3TB HDD | Apple Magic Keyboard + Logitech G603

ghost

every rank/test is subjective, couse every of thier authors have own preferences. Before i bought first mx mouse im used razer bomslang and logitech pilot by around 3 or meybe 4 years, logitech mx shape is aint perfect but it does suits me the moust, i do hold mice on sides by 3 fingers rest of hand lay on mice

loking only on technicaly ergonomic part of thier shape razers sux ass if comes to ergonomy, same does logitech mx310

NecrogeddoN
necrogeddon's picture

You know what sucks is that the MX510 is supposed to work fine @ 500Hz USB but I've had to turn it down to 250Hz lately, I don't know why. When I first got the mouse it did work great at higher report rate but the last month or two it started behaving like a cheaper mouse, autofiring and switching, buttons not responding and such. I didn't get any new USB devices (in fact I have nothing else plugged into any of my USB ports Sad), I didn't upgrade any of my USB drivers or anything... it just freaked out and started doing this shit to me. Any ideas why? Thinking

• NVidia GeForce 8400GS

• Logitech MX510

• Hyperglide Teflon Skates

• Steelpad QcK+

• iHome IH-K200MB

• SB Live! 5.1 Platinum

• Logitech Precision Gaming Headphones

• Insignia 32" HDTV