New Config Discussion

37 replies [Last post]
RONiN
YasDaMan's picture
After the development of the unofficial e6 config and discussions for use in clanwars, I feel that it has segmented the community and caused arguments (more than the abuse that was there before).

I have started this thread as a discussion for a development of a new config. I will put my ideas in the thread and if anyone wishes to comment or add to it, i will appreciate it.

everything is subject to change depending on responses from the community, I will try and document proposed changes/tweaks

firstly i dont want to change the general settings but I'm not decided on teleportable and destroyable missiles

these are the changes i want to make to the powerup settings:
battle suit - i think this is too powerful, it saves 50% of damage, i want to half that
want to keep quad, invisibility and flight the same
havent decided on haste and regen

mega health - I want to put that in to make it interesting (no real reason, can take it out)
keep armours

the reason i want to keep the switch speed the same isnt so you can spam, but mostly for speed and fluidity of movement. I think some testing is needed to see how much we can slow down the switch without losing the fluidity

i dont want to change the suicide explosion thing or the fall damage

weapons:

Gauntlet: ability to run faster with it, increase of about 20% (super fast with haste!)

Machine gun: slower fire rate, slightly lower damage, more accurate spread

Shotgun: slightly slower fire rate, slightly more accurate spread, same damage

Grenade Launcher: lower damage, increased live time meaning that it will only explode on contact with a surface or someone

Rocket Launcher: I was thinking to re-introduce the rocket launcher, very slow rate of fire and medium/slow speed and slightly homing with a direct hit of about 175 dmg, they would be destroyable

lightning gun: slower rate, slightly lower damage - problem with this is lg wallriding, will need to tweak it so that the wallriding works well

Rail gun: medium speed - quicker than instagib, but slower than the e5 style rail, slightly quicker than bfg, damage is about 120-150 per direct shot

BFG: direct hit damage increased, splash damage decreased (still possible to kill with splash damage if most of it hits the person) splash radius is increased slightly (but i am thinking of decreasing it)

sorry that it is really long to read

hope to hear from you

Seth

First thoughts that came to mind about this config when you callvoted it yesterday(i believe) 'There is nothing excessive left'.

I prefer the excessive side and capture the flag more so that will be my point of view. E/CTF

Powerups: Well no comments really, only comment i have is towards servers not config, put the quad back with the damage damnit Tongue .

Gauntlet idea = great.

Machinegun, felt kinda useless at first, shooting very slow compared to normal, i don't really understand why you want it to be more accurate on the spread, this would mean more accurate from a distance? That would be good idea. I still don't really like the damage output but i can live with it.

Shotgun, became kinda useless, it already is slow, and it was a killer on close combat so i see no reason why you want to make it more accurate.

Grenades, lower damage i don't mind, as long as you can still do the same jumps, so the knockback has to be the same.

Rocket, i heard your idea about it yesterday and we've played with it but imo right now it's useless, i see no reason to use this weapon at all during gameplay. It was homing, but it was flying so slow that if you make it destructable, it will never hit anyone. I see no reason in any map to use this weapon as either defensive or offensive use. No rocket jumps either.

Lightning, this was my biggest dissapointment, slower rate means no wallride. And the amount of time it takes to kill someone with it now is to long in my opinion.

Railgun, i really have no opinion on this, i can use both the e5 and the e5r rail so it's all good.

BFG, felt good.

So all in all, few minor things, few good things.

RONiN wrote:

lol@sethy ur too funny man... if i was a woman, you would make me horny.

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

thanks for your post seth Happy

the point of the mg being like that is because i wanted to standardise it over a longer distance because of the change to the rail gun but wanted to make it weaker because some people find it too easy to kill with mg, but i didnt want to make it too weak so that skilled mg'ers would feel that they are useless

i think putting SG back to e5 style might be a good idea, i just think maybe the realistic feel to the sg that I was after would suit better in the short to medium distance in big maps

in my opinion grenades are one of the things that made this config great the tweaks should be unnoticeable to people who use them 'properly' it might take nade spammers longer to kill tho

don't worry... i will fix the lightning! i only made it really weak because i abuse lightning (oops)

vive la rail revoloution et mid-air bfg explosions! (really bad european mixed up language)

i have had a few comments about the rockets... it seems that if i dont get them right, then they will be scrapped.

*KINETIC*

I agree with Yas about the config, but I do like the mg powerful. I think we shoud just slow it down a little and maybe make it a little bit more powerful.

Mystery of X Website - Excessive Plus news, articles, downloads and server browser - all in one site.

Mystery of X server browser - An advanced server browser that includes live! update for those who register on the website.

PHC.VISOR
TC Visor's picture

Not a bad idea for a good config. However you can already edit how fast the weapons fire in the configs already as goes for the damage it does too. I really like the idea of running faster with the guantlet, good one. Accurate spreads on the machine gun also would be great, you've got a good taste for great but efficient configs Big grin

RONiN
YasDaMan's picture

thanks for the comments...

kinetic: hopefully the mg should still be powerful, but i think its too powerful at the moment, just a little slower and accurate over distance, so instead of getting a kill in under a second, it should be a little more standardised over a longer range

do others have a feeling about the mg?

visor: i will only be using the config variables to get the slight tweaks and changes that I have set out, so hopefully it should go smoothly

Happy

MoeDe

what exactly do you think is wrong with e5? why change stuff that doesnt need to be changed, most of the settings got addopted from e4, and that was messed with from the start to fit everyone so thats kind of the final product. with all these changes its not excessive anymore... instead of altering existing configs, make a complete new one

*A*C|_ASS*WON]<O
vroomfoondel's picture

aw come oooooooon! i was just getting used to enjoying reading by a candle. and u had to go invent electricity. edison u total f$#&!

jk. i totally know anything about e5 (or 4 or 6 or whatever). i just wanted to crib against the cribbers Big grin.

#e+pickup #excessiveplus #class.clan

Astro BoY
Explosive's picture

Now for first time i agree with Moede..

^o^

[ZER]Strahli*
Zer-Strahli's picture

yep, agree totally moede (like explosive sayed... happens rare Big grin)

Linux is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows, APACHE inside!
http://www.zerclan.de
get e6.cfg here!!!

mow Q [EN]
Astro BoY wrote:

Now for first time i agree with Moede..

same here.

Anyway, if u want to change config, please test ur settings before u make anything public, and work with someone together who has a real idea of it.

Because about changing damage of nades, just as 1 example.
- Chaning "damage" = 0 effect on movement
- Changing "splashdamage" and the movement willl be fucked up.

also, radius and knockback are very sensitive to change, because also affects the movement.

I just have the impression that the most (not all) of the old guild from pants are not satisfied with e5 config.

but anyway, why making new config when u have e3 config there Big grin, just put unlagged on it.

(dont say stfu mow, i played pants and e5 alltogether for years Laughing