New Config (rebounce.cfg)

30 replies [Last post]
¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture
Hello guys,

We all know somethings about different configs around.
There is the BRO one where latest derivation was plus.cfg (became a standard now) and in the other side e5 config made by e+ having some small modifications in e5r.

This config I'm proposing is a 3rd alternative on those ones based on plus.cfg.

Objective was to evitate spam and give a more intelligent way to play.

The differences between rebounce.cfg and plus.cfg are :

- Rocket Launcher : slower (350speed) but shots guided rockets (when you shot it and turn your mouse a way, the rocket turns the same way). To avoid spam the Rocket Launcher cycle is 2.5sec. 5 rebounces were added to have longer rocket live.

- MachineGun : like plus.cfg's rail (same damage and same cycle) but has advantages of mg (silent and no trail), you could use it to sneak perfectly.

- RailGun : same as plus.cfg but has 4 aditional rebounces. (could be changed if ppl find it more than enough)

- BFG : same as in plus.cfg.

- PlasmaGun : 2x slower speed and cycle than in plus.cfg and 2x stronger. It has 2 rebounces.(It's the most harder weapon to hit with)

- LightningGun : damage 15 (plus.cfg 25). It has 2 rebounces and 2x longer range. As this weapon is efficient its damage is slower so if ppl spam with it, other ppl would have enough time to shot 3 times or more with rail and other weapons.

- ShotGun : No change, same as plus.cfg.

- Grenade Launcher: same as plus.cfg except that on 1vs1 the nade is not in mine style because we need a way to do a medium special jump and rocket has a low cycle.

- Gauntlet : As the main idea is to give the same value to all weapons, gauntlet has also 38% weight less (0.62) than other weapons. The players has more chance to hit with it, but it's still a bit hard Happy.

- Grapple : it's very cool for fast move it has a cycle of 100 and speed 10000 but pull speed 2000(the real speed of ur moves) it has an unlimited hook time so u can stay sticky with a wall(but be aware of camper alert). It is also used in space map to avoid falling down by the sky function 1. It's totally another alternative for fast moves.

Advantages :

- Players that have habit on plus.cfg could still play as they were ( railbots Tongue ). No problem in it at all. They have only 1 additional alternative with mg insteed, that is more usefull to sneak.

- BFG moves and nade moves are still there and intact + new speed movement with gauntlet and fast move style with Grapple.

- You could use the best weapon you like as each one has its importance : Each weapon is usefull to use in the adequat circunstance.

- Guided rocket is the coolest weapon and if you are good using it, you could shot a rocket and direct it to the enemy that is at a door Happy

This is still version beta : All suggestions are welcome concerning to do slightly changes in weapons.

I thank ppl who made plus.cfg.
And I also thank all players that have tested it on and would, And particularly Tartaros Happy

to download : visit http://xp.excessiveplus.net/
or direct link : rebounce.cfg

UPDATES:

Update 1.01:
- disabled destroyable missiles because lightning was destoying rockets easily.
Update 1.02:
- LG has a little less range from 1500 to 1200.
- rocket has 2.5sec cycle insteed of 5sec.
update 1.03:
- 5 rebounces were added to rocket launcher to have longer live.
- gauntlet speed fits now rockets speed (0.25% -> 0.38% faster) .
- BFG speed changed from 500 to 650.
cfg update 1.04:
- sky function added to Grenade Launcher, plasma, and BFG for CTF purpose.
update 1.05:
- added Grapple : it's very cool for fast move it has a cycle of 100 and speed 10000 but pull speed 2000(the real speed of ur moves) it has a time of 900 so u can stay. He is also used in space map to avoid falling down by the sky function 1. It's totally another alternative for fast moves.
update 1.06:
- Grapple : unlimited hook time.(but camper alert works)
- BFG : changed as plus cfg.

there are now 5 different weapon gameplay:
- mg/rail combo is for sure the insta combo. mg more used to sneak and rail to do a special move or to kill also hidden ppl.
- rocket/gauntlet combo is so usefull now to move fast with gauntlet and get protected by rockets as rockets and gauntlet has the same speed. shot a rocket and move with it Happy
- nade/shotgun combo is used for some medium jumps and proximity kills and it's anti-gauntlet.
- plasma/lg combo is mostly to cover an entrance or to finish the work Happy
- finaly the BFG is a little bit faster than before is used for short distance kills or wall kills or even to make traps.

PS: Pls do not judge a conf you haven't tryed.

[/][/]

Wanna avoid seeying mow, skull & co Surprise

Check this peacefull place

Arax'KG
ar4xis's picture

Isn't 10 secs for rl a bit too big? I can imagine that it is hard to aim with the homing rocket and strafe at the same time (standing in the same place isn't an option). This plus the 10 sec could make it an unefficient weapon.

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture
Arax'KG wrote:

Isn't 10 secs for rl a bit too big? I can imagine that it is hard to aim with the homing rocket and strafe at the same time (standing in the same place isn't an option). This plus the 10 sec could make it an unefficient weapon.

don't think so, while homming the rocket, you could rail use sg and many other weapons.
As I said : Pls do not judge a conf you haven't tryed.

-> now cfg uploaded in new webspace.

pls I call admins to try this cfg in some of their servers. Happy

kraster
kraster's picture

3rd option ?

sounds nice . But i don't think ppl will go with joy from bro/e5 to the 3rd option Happy . Btw not better use no multijumps ? ( bfg, rockets, nade grenades..) u dont need multijumps. And @mg : cycle bigger, damage lower imo .
Didnt test it yet .
Apreciate ur work, Ali Winking

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture
kraster wrote:

3rd option ?

sounds nice . But i don't think ppl will go with joy from bro/e5 to the 3rd option Happy . Btw not better use no multijumps ? ( bfg, rockets, nade grenades..) u dont need multijumps. And @mg : cycle bigger, damage lower imo .
Didnt test it yet .
Apreciate ur work, Ali Winking

I have edited mg line, maybe that explain better :
for mg : like plus.cfg's rail (same damage and same cycle) => it means you are using like the rail of plus.cfg but in a mg model Big grin

SARASOTA|BE|
robertlebel's picture

What servers r running this config..thx Big grin

nothing is new under the sun

(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

no one that is 24/7

but now this one http://www.excessiveplus.net/query/86.74.118.73:27961

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

UnknownUser807
Reno's picture

nice config. at first i hated it, then it kinda grew on me after playing it for 10 mins. Cool

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

*ZMB*BuTcHeR*

OK i played the cfg a bit over 2hours i guess and i have to say: THIS CONFIG ROCKS!! but i think it is too hard to aim with rocketlauncher and if u really want to hit with it u need to stand, while moving it is aawww tooo difficult i guess.
btw i love the mg rail combo and of course the GAUNTLET(can be used like knife in cs, running faster)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )<-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination. Happy

¯¯__█ALI█¯¯__
xpaliminium's picture

hehe,

see how we could control the rocket Big grin while standing on the ground Tongue