CHARRUA
Charrua's picture
Re: lost 15-20 ping after win7 64 bit
*ZMB*GANGSTR* wrote:

i lost 15-20 ping after win7 64 bit
what can i do for network optimization?
thnx 4 answer

Really i don't know i must come back to my debian Big grin
Under win7 i had continuos lag and high ping and in the forum no one can help me

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

use linux to play q3 Winking 100% connection used by quake Big grin

joey

i've had no problems with win7 (32BIT)
if anything my ping is lower (although very slightly) and more constant

accurun
12's picture

dood its obviosly not only u has such problems.. its just ppl dont wanna help u, f.e. soaphead knows everything but he aint gon tell u shiiiieeet Big grin

So use google. As for me, i use XP..the most pure windows sp.2, and cant help u. But i think there are special tweaks that are lowering the pings somehow for windows7 only as for example.. Like 'hack ping' on youtube.. search it and ..maybe try it. Its usefull only if u have 100ms+

What u lookin' at, bra ? I'm back !

mow Q [EN]

win 7 home premium 64 bit

no ping change + my ping is constant.

the problem is between the monitor and the chair. nobody has influence on ur "pure" ping. maybe the communication between ur rooter and ur lan card is not as good as it was before with ur old os.

for the case ur lancard is onboard, have u installed ur mobodrivers before u did anything else after os-install? did u use latest drivers, if?

or did u install simply win7 + vid-driver, like most do? the old rules of setting up a pc are still valid.

XV!BENEDYKT
xvibenedykt's picture

everyone know that: windowsa always get few % of connection for his 'operations' and you cannot do nothing with that.

Sander
sander's picture

This article has written by RaveMoyers. May be it will help u.

Quote:
Hi there, I've recently had an extremely annoying issue regarding sound, games, multiplayer, and Windows 7. When I would start up a game (such as Counter-Strike Source or Heroes of Newerth) and connect to server
, my fps and ping would be nominally OK, but the game would lag. In HoN this would be displayed by the heroes moving jerkily around the map, even though my fps and ping were good. In Counter Strike, this evidenced itself by glitchy nades that don't bounce smoothly, and whenever sounds are played, the ping spikes a bit. It's kind of like playing on a 33 tic server, for those of you familiar with the game. None of these issues occurred in single player games or in the aforementioned games with a local server. Symptoms included warping, skipping, and lagging while moving or viewing other players move.

Anyway, I searched and searched here and couldn't find anything, but finally I found something in Google (note: this is only a partial fix, don't do this, see update):

* Stop and disable the "Multimedia Class Scheduler" service
* Run regedit and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\Audiosrv"
* Double click on the entry "DependOnService" and delete the line with "MMCSS" from the text box
* Reboot and enjoy lag free games

I diagnosed the issue by realizing that by disabling audio devices in device manager, lag would disappear in-game. So glad I found this solution after installing 6 different audio drivers and generally being very frustrated. Just thought I'd leave this here as a reference for others with a similar issue.

Update: doing this will likely induce audio issues such as crackling, popping, stuttering, and skipping. My final solution was to leave this service enabled but disable it's network throttling component (if you already did the first fix you should undo it and re-enable the service). This resolved my audio issues caused by disabling the MMCS while keeping my games lag free. This is not a solution if you are not experiencing network issues. If you are experiencing audio issues only, you should make sure the MMCSS is running. The best way to test if you have this problem is to disable your sound device in Device Manager and then see if the lag persists. If it does, you have some other issue. If the lag goes away, re-enable your sound device and try the following fix:

Quote:
Leave the multimedia class scheduler service running, but disable its network throttling "feature":

* Open regedit
* Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
* There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
* Reboot

Here are some example threads where this fix was useful:
Counter-Strike Series & Windows 7 = Lag?
stuttering in games. (mainly valve)
High Ping and Choke in Windows 7 (CSS/TF2)

Games affected:
Source Engine Games (Team Fortress 2 (TF2), Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike Source (CS:S, CSS))
Heroes of Newerth (HoN)
Call of Duty Series (CoD), possibly including Modern Warfare
Overlord Series (Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, Overlord 2)

Post if you find another game that's affected so I can add it to this list!

For those interested, here are some articles on the MMCSS:
http://courtneymalone.com/2007/08/28...network-speed/
http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/...slowdowns.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
http://blogs.technet.com/markrussino...7/1833290.aspx
http://www.thebits.info/windows/vista-mcs-56.htm

My optimal solution was to keep the MMCS service running, as if you turn it off your audio may start cackling/skipping in an annoying fashion. However, I disabled the network throttling component of this service. I believe it's a general audio problem specific to Windows 7 and multiplayer / online games. I don't think the audio card or the drivers make a difference, or at least they didn't in my case.

Leave the multimedia class scheduler service running, but disable its network throttling feature:

* Open regedit
* Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
* There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
* Reboot

This removed the lag I was experiencing while still enabling me to have normal sound in-game. Specs in profile.

*ZMB*GANGSTR*
gangstr's picture
Sander wrote:

This article has written by RaveMoyers. May be it will help u.
* Open regedit
* Reboot

my problem solved
sander thnx for help

EVOL.IZNOGOUD
Iznogoud's picture

I actually gained like 10-15 in ping with win7x64 doing nothing but installing!

BUT

Its kind of random if I get to play full screen or not. Hm, ok its full screen but gamearea is not. Sometimes it is though. Mostly a tiny box in da middle.
Changing resolution doesn't help.

help!

Bättre pissa i stuprännan än stupa i pissrännan !